Enviroguard Inc. was established by Lee A. Tubbs in November, 1997. No stranger to the industry, Lee grew up in a family owned pest control business, Atomic Pest Control Company, located on Elvis Presley Boulevard, in Memphis, TN, and founded in 1958 by his uncle, Les Tubbs. In 1960, his father Earl Tubbs joined the company. Lee worked weekends and summers at Atomic until 1979 when he began his full-time career in the pest control industry while still in college. He was promoted to General Manager of Atomic and served in this position from 1990 to 1994. Lee moved to the north Georgia area in 1994 and worked as an outside sales representative for Oldham Chemicals Company, a pest control industry distributor and supplier, prior to starting Enviroguard. Lee is a graduate of the University of Memphis and has a Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Pest Control Management focusing his studies on entomology, biology, and business management.
The Enviroguard service mission is based on the principles of integrated pest management (IPM). IPM works to reduce factors contributing to unacceptable pest populations in homes and businesses. Our GreenPro service is based on the principles of IPM and our commitment to environmental stewardship.
We have developed policies, procedures and a quality system to ensure all aspects of our service are based on the needs of our customer. The implementation of these policies helps maintain our dedication to customer care, our obligation to responsible pest management, and our commitment to quality. Our quality of service, response time, and our role as pest management professionals sets us apart from our competition.
Enviroguard adheres to a strict environmental code of practice, constantly reviewing all company procedures and training. We have established ourselves at the forefront of efforts to reduce pesticide application through the use of natural and preventive (pest exclusion) measures, and through our use of low-impact products. A combined program of preventive solutions and the application of the latest technologies enables our customers to enjoy pest-free surroundings with minimum impact on the environment.
At Enviroguard, procedures are designed to protect our customers, the technician, and the environment from accident, injury, damage or conceivable harm while effectively and efficiently controlling pests and termites.
Professional and strategic linkages with our international affiliate, EnviroGuard, UK (http://www.enviroguard.co.uk/) in 1997.
- Established in 1997.
- Received the industry's seal of approval, the QualityPro designation in 2004 and was the first company in both Georgia and Tennessee to receive this designation. All Employees are certified Quality Pro through pre-employment screening, intensive training, on-going testing and continuing education courses.
- Drug Free Workplace certification since 2004. The company is also "tobacco-free" and only hires tobacco-free employees.
- Received Quality Pro Schools designation in 2005.
- Received the Better Business Bureaus Torch Award for "Marketplace Ethics" in 2006.
- Received Quality Pro GreenPro® designation in October 2010.
- Received the Catoosa County Chamber of Commerce "Small Business of the Year" for 2010.
- Voted one of the "Best of the Best 2012" Pest Control companies in North Georgia by the Chattanooga Times Free Press newspaper.
- Winner of the Dalton Daily Citizen 2012 Reader's Choice award company/exterminator.
- Owner, Lee Tubbs is a frequent speaker to area and regional organizations and authored a monthly column for the Chattanooga Times Free Press newspaper. He is frequent speaker on entrepreneurship at Dalton State College School of Business and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga College of Business Entrepreneurship Forums.
- All our pest management professionals are certified and registered in both Georgia and Tennessee in all aspects of pest and termite control methods with emphasis on green services.
Enviroguard's Industry Association Memberships:
- Board Member, QualityPro of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), 2011-present.
- Chairman of the Board of the Georgia Pest Control Association (GPCA); Member since 1998; Region One Director 1998 to 1999 and 2005 to 2007; President 2010-2011.
- Member, Tennessee Pest Control Association (TPCA) since 1993. Regional Director 1993 - 1994 and 1997 - 1998; Past Executive Board Member 2007 - 2008.
- Member, National Pest Management Association (NPMA) since 1997.
- Past President, Greater Memphis Area Pest Control Association, 1993.
- Member, Chattanooga Area Pest Control Association since 1997. Past President 2002.
- Member, National Homebuilders Association since 1998.
Enviroguard's Community Memberships:
- Current Chair, City of Ringgold (GA) Planning and Zoning Commission. Member 2003 to present.
- Member, Ringgold Rotary Club; 2002-Present. Past President 2006.
- Member, Catoosa County Chamber of Commerce, 2001 to present. Board Member 2007-2009 and 2013-present; Former Chair, Membership Retention Committee.
- Member, Gordon County Chamber of Commerce since 2004.
- Member, Dalton/Whitfield Chamber of Commerce since 2011.
- Member, Homebuilders Association of Dalton since 1998; Vice President of Associates, 2005 to present.
- Participant, Catoosa County Habitat for Humanity since 2007.
In the community, Enviroguard has volunteered pest control and termite control services for the following:
- Extreme Make-Over Home Edition, Sharrock Family (Patrick and parents Michael and Cindy). Provided installation of Sentricon® system and one-year of inspection for termite prevention.
- Prater’s Mill, Dalton, GA provided free control of powder post beetles
- Historic Ringgold Depot, Ringgold, GA provided installation of Sentricon® system for on-going termite prevention
- Habit for Humanity – multiple home projects in the North Georgia and Chattanooga, TN areas – providing termite pre-treatments during construction
- Historic Varnell House restoration project in Varnell, GA.
- We hold Tennessee Charter #1078 to perform general pest control, wood destroying organisms control, and bird control.
- In Georgia, we are licensed by the Department of Agriculture to perform general pest control and wood destroying organism control. License #98722.
Our Industry Membership Links:
National Pest Management Association
Georgia Pest Control Association
Our Professional Membership Links:
Catoosa County Chamber of Commerce
Greater Dalton Chamber of Commerce
Gordon County Chamber of Commerce
Ringgold Rotary Club
Business Network International
EPA Healthy Home Initiative
United States Environmental Protection Agency
(All chemical products used by EnviroGuard, Inc. meet the strict specifications of the US EPA.)
EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program
Just for Kids:
PestWorld for Kids
Home | Services |About Us | Facts & Tips | Employees | Contact